Can I still receive child support if I get back with husband and move in together?

nycsexymommy

Asked by nycsexymommy at 9:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are divorced, I don't think it changes anything. He may feel otherwise.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I really don't think so. Support is for legally separated or divorced women.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I guess so unless he calls for a court date to adjust it. I think that's how it works. It's still a court order until it is changed. YOu guys should talk about that and make sure you are on the same page. I would imagina if you are living together you would be splitting the bills and do you really need the money on top of that? Just trying to think of what he would ask.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If you are not married, and are just living with and you have children together, then yes, you can get child support.

A friend of mine did. AND domestic relationship knew they lived together. But since they were not married, it was legal.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes. my sister in law put my brother on child support while living together, so im sure u could.
    wifeyperez

Answer by wifeyperez at 9:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No. If you get back with your husband you no longer get child support.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I hope so but he might have something to say about it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would be calling the child support office and asking them this.

I am just curious...if you want to get back with him. Why would you need him to pay child support? It seems that he would be supporting the child again.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No child support is to support the child when you gus are not together, since you will be together and sharing expenses you are not going to get child support
    rebelchickrocks

Answer by rebelchickrocks at 4:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010