Does anyone clean the outside vent to their dryer?

If so, how?

I thought about this the other day and have no idea how to go about cleaning it out.

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 9:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• my dad still does it for me but if you look the model up online i bet they can at least provide a helpful number... it is import to do
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 9:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yes, you should every so often because the lint can build up in that and cause a fire and cause it to be less effective - taking more time to dry clothes. Cleaning it out just means literally cleaning out the vent pipe......take it apart, dump it/ clean it out and then put back together.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes, they make a dryer brush, it's got like a big brush on one end and it's like a wire like bendable, flexable thing that you can use to twist and pull the lint out of the trap and vent work. Just be careful if you have a gas dryer not to bend the gasline if you do pull the dryer out and push it back into place
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Oh and an important note, if you live in a place where you get snow, make sure your outside vent doesn't get blocked with snow.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yes and I know they sell dryer brushes try your local hardware store to find one
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Hmm. Come to think of it, I don't know where the vent in this house comes out. I'm going to ask my husband where it is.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:25 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• For ours you just unscrew the screws holding it to the side of the house, take the cover off, clean it off and put it back on. Easy peasy. Ours is right outside our back door. Though I know they can sometimes be in the attic.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2010