is buying boneless chicken breast cheaper then buying chicken breast w/ bones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Usually buying boneless anything is MORE expensive...at least it is here in my neck of the woods
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Not that I've noticed, at the store I think its because chicken breasts are so common that its about the same where I'm at
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• it depends...some times it is; sometimes it not.... got to watch the prices!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You can buy the frozen bags with our without bones at say Aldi's for about 5.97.. I think they have about 9 pieces or so...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i dont usually buy chicken with bones in it unless its a whole chicken... other than that i stick to my chicken breasts which my daughter eats like itsgoing out of style.
    MTGalways

Answer by MTGalways at 5:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• depends on what deals are at your store. $1.00 per pound bone in breast is way cheaper than $3-5 boneless. but if you have BOGO boneless, or it's on sale or your bone in is only $1 less, you are fine either way. bone in is nice for baked chicken or anything cooked slower, it adds to the flavor and tenderness.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2008