Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?

Well I just have to say this infuriates me. I hate it when someone tells me "Everything happens for a reason".. What is that reason? Why did my kid get bit in the face? Why did my brother kill himself? Why are my kids so smart?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I honestly hate that saying....... When my son passed away suddenly at the tender age of one, I heard that saying A LOT. I'm sorry but there is NO reason for an innocent child to die. I believe in coincidence, chance, and plain dumb luck. But there is no rhyme or reason for why things happen...... They just happen. Period. It's called life..... and it can be wonderful and spectacular or cruel and unfair.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't believe that.
    StarrMom2Xander

Answer by StarrMom2Xander at 4:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• nope~~ WHEN SOMEONE SAYS THAT TO ME I SAY "BULLSHI#!!!!! stupid people say that when they think they have to say SOMETHING..............

LiFeOVeRForTY

Answer by LiFeOVeRForTY at 4:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I hate that saying.
    If that is the reason why do bad people have kids and good people do not or the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer.
    To me it's a poor excuse to jusify bad situations.
    Anonymous

• Well, after working on the ambulance and fire dept. and seeing the things I have seen... Yes, ya gotta believe!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It's a coping term, to help people live with the burdens they must without committing suicide. It's the same for the saying, "The lord won't give you more than you can handle" or any of the other things people say or tell themselves to get through another dreary day. Can't blame people for trying to find answers for awful things, and who knows, maybe there is a reason things happen- since I'm not omnipotent, all knowing or psychic I have to assume that someone somewhere in the universe might know what the hell is going on, lol. maybe?
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have to say yes. I hate some of the things that have happened in my and my hubby's lives, but I can honestly say that I don't think I would be where I am today had they not happened. The crappy situations and horrible circumstances sucked at the time, but it all led me to a better place.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 5:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Heather I guess your right, it isn't that it happened for a reason. It is just how it effects you. Taking the crappy stuff and making your self a better person isn't an answer for the resaon. Yet clearly defines who I am as a person.

mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have a reason for saying for ME "everything happens for a reason" .I don't know what it is yet, but, I will know one day. So for me, its not BS
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I may not say that as I think it has become a blanket statement. I have found throughout my life however that even the sad things seemed to happen for a reason. I just did not know what that reason was right away.
    Anonymous