for sahm..... do you keep the door open when you go to the bathroom?

of course i do close it if there is company lol. but i always keep it open if it's just me and the kids that way i can sort of supervise i guess. at least hear them fighting and holler or hear if someone falls down or gets hurt. what do you guys do? am i a freak? lol hope not

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• The door is open unless my husband or oldest is home. Otherwise I still have to supervise.

The other day I was in the bathroom for an extended visit (damn Taco Bell!) and I heard the front door open. I hurried to finish and ran out to find my 2 year old outside naked, some how he figured out ow to unlock the dead bolt. If the door had been closed, who knows what would have happened.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Um I am confused why this question is for SAHM. I work but I also close the door. I like my privacy.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I can't remember the last time I shut the bathroom door. When I first had kids, I would no sooner get in & get started, before the door would open for a multitude of reasons. If it wasn't the kids, it was the dog, so I gave up on having it shut. My oldest is 25 & my youngest is 3, so I don't think I'm gonna be getting to close it anytime soon!
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No, I do it too,
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• some times i keep it open and some times i close it
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If I leave the door open I can't get to the toilet - when it's open it's barely an inch from the front of the bowl. So no, it's closed, but not completely shut.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 9:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It depends on what they are doing. I normally leave it open but the bathroom is a room or two away. They normally follow me anyway so what's a door to them. lol
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 9:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yep!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Open if I am the only one home. My son is 1 and can not get into the bathroom because we keep a gate up so he cant get into the litter box. But that way I can hear if he is doing something he is not supposed to. Or I can hear if he got hurt.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Bathroom door is open, but the bedroom door is closed they way I can still hear them.
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010