What's the funniest thing your child said to you today?

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• My sons a jokestr...so he says to me"I bet if you knew we would be here you wouldnt have gotten with dad"...the kid is crazy
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My son is 19 months and doesn't understand up and down. He'll come up to you with his arms up and say "get down?" LOL I correct him every time but he still says it. So cute.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We are potty training my 19 m/o and we only do positive reinforcement when she pees in the potty. We clap, dance around and tell her good girl!!! So, she followed me in the restroom and when I peed she started clapping and telling me good girl for going in the potty! It was so cute :)
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i was explaining to my 5yo that i couldn't pick him up out of the tub today and he had to get out carefully all by himself (i have a hernia and it's really hurting today). he told me maybe i could try his teacher's stapler to fix it because it staples papers and it makes stamps too so i could get fixed and get a stamp. i thought that was hilarious

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• hahaha Omg all of these are soooo funny! I love kids!
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My 7 yr old brought a picture home that he drew,and by it there was a note, it said "Mom I Love you because you take me places, and make good food, Love Lucas, at the bottom in large print it said, Happy Grandparents Day.. lol... It was sweet and kinda funny at the same time, he didn't even notice what it said at the bottom,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• he's 5yo..and he was explaining to me what married people do...physically. he jumped onto my lap, and solidly pressed his chest against me..i got scared..didn't know what he was going to do next..and nothing! i said,''is that what married people do?"
    he said, ''yep, that's about it. they just do stick together.'' LOL!

(i have no idea where he got this information, idea, visual...for one, its been waaaaaay too long since dh/i had sex..and dh won't do it if ds is awake, so i know he hasn't seen it in action.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have to admit my teens have gotten good at feeding me some of my own lines!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Not actually MY kid.. but one of our students (I work for a special education school) wanted to help us out in the office today and she was in my bathroom for a pretty long time... she finally comes out and signs... "Do NOT go in there!!" and wheeled up next to me flashed a big cheesy grin and handed me a can of Lysol.. LMFAO!!! I can't remember the last time I've laughed so hard!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My son said he'd watched the "teenage mutanating turtles today" and I said "teenage mutanating turtles?" He looks at me like I'm crazy and says "Yeah teenage, like high school kind of people" lol. Ok I meant mutant but whatever lol.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010