Wedding invite via facebook.....okay or no?

Okay we are only inviting close friends and family to the ceremony and dinner and inviting everyone else for the cake and dance to save money since we are on a tight budget. Would it be okay to invite the one for the reception only through facebook?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's your wedding, so you can do whatever you want. But personally I wouldn't.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• it's kind of...tacky, JMHO.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No, buy or make two different invitations.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I probably wouldn't.... If you were to send a different invite and then set up a group/ page thing for the reception, maybe.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yepp tacky ... if it's only a few people then invites won't cost that much!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That's how I invite people to all of my events, unless they don't have a FB page. It's the way things go these days.
    Some people do prefer to go the traditional route, but honestly it's your wedding. You can either make your own invites or go the facebook road. It doesn't matter as long as the right people get invited.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Well as the PP poster said its your wedding, however, It seems very casual for something so important. I would reserve a facebook invite for someone if that was the ONLY way I could contact them and even then I would email them to get their address. It sounds sort of like you are trying to save money which I totally understand but you should find another way to shave cost.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 9:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It actually is expensive. for 250 people that's over a hundred dollars just for stamps. I think if it's younger people coming to party they won't care. Older people send an invite.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Does that seem okay or still too tacky?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No, but I have heard of some people putting invites for special occasions on their FB page. I have never attended via FB invite though.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010