Has anyone out there ever used Care.com for babysitting/nanny care services??? I really need to find someone I can TRUST and need them by August. I posted an ad and several people have responded. I am just scared to actually have someone else watch my only son who is 11 months old.

Theresa2674

Asked by Theresa2674 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have never personally but i did meet a lady and she used a service online that helped her find a nanny and the nanny is still there taking care of her now 4 yr old. (she was 2 mo) I don`t blame you for being scared with these day and times it`s hard to trust anyone. I was dignosed with cancer when my son was 6 wks i had a 16 months old as well. And I was refered to a company locally that sent someone to help when i did my chemo and radiation. Well i made that woman go with me to my treatments lol!! i know she thought i was crazy but this was a stranger 100% i wasn`t leaving her with my kids all day. lol!! good luck oh yeah, not sure if you watch Jon & Kate plus 8, but i remember on there website there is a nanny company the one they used check that out.
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 1:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• i did craigslist and just did a bunch of interviews and it worked out it was a bit scary since its interent but once i met them and go to know the nannies
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I haven't used that but I personally have my own information on a nanny website, and alot of child caregivers will provide you with background checks, child abuse clearances. Also there is a website pending on which state you are in you can look up criminal dockets with a persons first, last name and the type of docket you are looking for.
    http://www.crimcheck.com/freerecords.htm
    Hope that helps....It is only updated when files are sent through your judicial system...also if you want to access a full background check contact your state police and they will be able to direct you to one, but you need to pay for it :0)
    AbbysMom059

Answer by AbbysMom059 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I am on there as a sitter and i have kept 3 kids from meeting there mom on there and it has all worked out great, and the place the frist lady is talking about is Nannys For Hire, i have never used it but i seen that on the show, have the sitter to come and see how they react around your little for a few hours and see if you like what you see that way you get to know the person better, I have had many people do that, I also did that when my little girl went to a sitter. Good luck.
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 1:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Have you found a nanny yet? It is scary. I have been a nanny and have also hired one for my kids. I finally started a nanny agency since I was so experience with this field. If you are still looking or in the future need help, check out our website and drop me a message and I will help you with anything you need. Even if your current nanny isn't working out and what your options are. Good luck. You little one must be one now, and our children are our joys in life and I agree with you, it's hard to leave them with some one else! That's where I can help you and other moms like you. Take Care!
    Janet Daniels
    www.nannyia.com
    www.nannyia.com

Answer by www.nannyia.com at 12:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2008

• Hi, this is Stacy. I’m a member of Care.com’s Mom Force—a team of work-at-home moms that helps with safety and customer service. I may be biased but as a mom I think Care.com is an amazing resource for finding care providers. The site offers free background checks, uses the Mom Force to review all care providers and job posts before we post them online, and gives you access to recorded references and reviews to help you decide who to hire. They also have exclusive members-only features like Care-on-Call (for last-minute care), Care Exchange (to meet families who want to exchange babysitting and pet sitting services). Plus an amazing selection so you’ll be able to find a match that’s right for you and your family. Good Luck in your search.
    SSCleve

Answer by SSCleve at 10:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010