What form of birth control do you use??

ive been looking into long term BC...like the IUD Mirena..which last up to 5 years or the Depo Provera shot...has anybody taken these??? whats your opinion???

edittt...HOLY F*** the iud is almost 600 dollars?! that is crazy....does anyone know how much the depo shot is?

babyjohnson1028

Asked by babyjohnson1028 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Health

• Vasectomy! Best form of BC out there!
    Anonymous

• i have the mirena do you have insurance?mine cover 100%minuss the co pay i love it i had it for almost 2 yrs and will be getting it out in 1 - 2 more yrs for ttc # 4!gl
    my3wormies

Answer by my3wormies at 6:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have the paraguard, which is a 10 year IUD. I will have had it for 5 years this Dec. I love it. I paid a 25 dollar copay through my insurance. Maybe planned parenthood can refer you to someone who can put it in for an affordable price.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 6:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• im 18 so im definitely not getting my tubes tied.....me and my fiance just arent ready to have a second baby....right now im still covered under my moms and dads insurance plus the state insurance...
    babyjohnson1028

Answer by babyjohnson1028 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i heard its cheaper than an IUD but ive heard HORRIBLE things about it. a girl i used to work with had it and said her period was very irregular and she had an enormus amount of discharge. she said she would never do it again because it was the worst thing ever
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I was on Depo for awhile, first I had a period for 6 months straight (thats good BC lol) than no period for 6 months BUT for those 6 months i had a yeast infection the whole time. I took it for 1.5 yrs and gained 70lbs! I HATE IT!!!
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I have a 5 year IUD (mirena) and my insurance didn't cover it and yeah it sucked to pay that upfront but it works out at $10/month which is half of what I paid to be on the pill. Plus, I LOVE the fact that I don't have to think about it!! The liberation alone was worth the cost. Not to mention I had it implanted just after I finished breastfeeding for 6 months. My period never came back...it's been 3-1/2 years!!!
    Kajon

Answer by Kajon at 12:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I used the pill, but I could not remember it. I had Merina(IUD) removed yesterday. I was not happy with it cramping, acne, spotting but everyone is different.
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2008