Might be a dumb question: Did you put pants on your newborn?

I've been buying a lot of baby clothes on ebay and have found some awesome deals. Do you think a newborn (0-3 mos) needs pants? It will be somewhat cold here, as she's born in March but I have tons of onesies already. Did you put pants on your kid when he/she was that age? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes...because of the cold weather here!!!!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• She was born in February, so yeah we did. but then in the summer, even though she was a little older, we didn't always do pants. Here the weather can range from 10 below to over 100 so, you have to be flexible.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Our daughter was a March baby, and we swaddled and/or used a sling, so we generally just used onesies and a blanket. If we were going out, we might put pants on, if it was going to be a long trip in the stroller or car seat or outside...but for the most part our spring weather here isn't too chilly, and we didn't have more than a couple pairs to put over her onesies.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 4:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yup! Little blanket sleepers are the best.. and he can wear the day or night!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My baby was born in July, so I just used onesies, but now that it's colder (we live in Wisconsin) I put pants on over the onesies. I got him some really cute shirts too.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i had to put pants on my child she was born on halloween so it was freezing, even in Louisiana... there is nothing wrong with putting your child in a complete outfit, during the Taylor just wore shorts and a t i just dont think a child should go around with out pants and a shirt, i mean when you go outside youre dresses aren't you?
    MTGalways

Answer by MTGalways at 5:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My son was born in Feb. and I live in the frozen tundra of Iowa. I never bought pants. They were a pain in the butt! I just got a bunch of those little footie sleepers. The thicker ones were the perfect thing for my little guy.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 5:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My baby always has pants on... we only use the sleepers for bedtime. So this summer he had cute little shorts and now he wears jeans and sweat pants (he is 3 months old)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yes and they are really a forgotten item. I would stock up if I were you. They are handy even when it is just cool out... Shorts and jeans are uncomfortable... so pants are a good solution :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• if I'm at home i usually use the gowns, they are totally easier than pants with changing diapers. have to swaddle them good though. or used the sleepers, they are awesome. nothing wrong with pants on babies, they are just tough to get on them since they like to curl up their legs still.
    3lilgems

Answer by 3lilgems at 7:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008