how would i??

tamper off 10 mg of prozac?
i have no insurance, and doc want tell me over phone i have to see her..help me!!

leAnn21

Asked by leAnn21 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• I'm Sorry I don't know! I did it with Zoloft.. I broke the pills over and over until the last day I had a crumb and licked my hand and I was done! Must be 15 years or so now.. But I'd find your help and a way if you really need it! How do you know? But it can't be good. Can you get help from Social services, health and human services, a free clinic or mental health clinic?. This can be serious to do.. I do understand having no insurance and needing meds. I need my 'scripts for my breast cancer treatments and I'm going without. I hope you find a way to work for you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I'v gone off Zoloft too. The Dr. had me take 1/2 the normal amount for two weeks and then stop. I took prozac for a few days but it had some awful side effects, so I just stopped taking it. 10mg of Prozac isn't that high a dose. I would try to look it up online. But if worse came to worse, I would take 1/2 the amount for two weeks and then maybe a 1/4 for 2 wks, thenstop. Are you sure it's good to stop taking it? When I went of Zoloft, I got depressed again and started to have anxiety. Wellbutrin has worked wonders for me.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 9:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• well i have been on prozac for about 6 mths and i had them for anxiety attacks...and i was wanting another baby so that y i was wanting off of them
    leAnn21

Comment by leAnn21 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Use a pill cutter to cut them in quarters. Take 3/4 a day for a few days, then half a day for a few days, then a quarter.

But why do you want another baby if you don't have insurance? Just curious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i will get a medical card when prego. i only work part time and that offers no insurance benefits...
    leAnn21

Comment by leAnn21 (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It was my understanding that Prozac didn't have many of the "addictive" side effects that some other anti-depressants have. Try taking the pill every other day for a while, then every third day for a while until you feel okay to stop taking them.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 1:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2010