When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? What did you grow up to actually do?

When I was in early elementary school I wanted to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, a Solid Gold Dancer or a secretary.
When I was in Jr. High/H.S. I wanted to be a stock broker.
I ended up becoming an HR Director.

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 9:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• lmao.... i always wanted to be a vet. i found out in college that cutting things and killing things was definately not for me lol. thought i was going to puke all over my lab partners! i still got my animal science degree, became a zookeeper, then got certified to be a teacher and taught hs special ed, and now i'm a sahm.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Since the age of 4 I wanted to be an actress..

Spent 20+ years in banking, SAHM

However, when I think about it I did do some acting...In my first marriage...lmao..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• From about the time I was 9 I wanted to be a veterinarian, as I got older I came I came to realize I had no desire to go through the years and years of school that would take. From about 12-16 or so I wanted to train horses, I actually did end up training my own horse, and being paid to train someone else's by the time I turned 18. However, by the time I was 16 it was settled in my mind that I ultimately wanted to marry and raise a family, now at almost 23 I've been married 3 1/2 years and have 3 little boys ages 2 1/2, 1 1/2, and 6 months.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• you can still be a SG dancer..we'll all tune in!!

i wanted to be an English teacher, high school. i ended up following a gf to beauty school right out of high school..and 23 yrs later, i retired Memorial Weekend.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I wanted to be a country singer....didn't happen...lol
    Now I'm a SAHM and LOVE it!! Could not imagine a better job.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• SInce I was 5 years old I wanted to be a lawyer and travel the world putting the bad guys behind bars! Now that I am a grown up I am currently going to college to become a social worker and also working my way to a masters in Psychology! I am not a very good public speaker so being a lawyer is out of the question!!!!
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 10:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I found a book about ME that I made in preschool. On the page that said "what I want to be when I grow up" I cut out pictures of cigarette models. LMAO! My mom was a smoker, so I thought smoking was so cool.

Then in elementary school I wanted to be a teacher. Then in middle and high I wanted to be an astro physicist.

I went to college to be a elementary school teacher and ended up a potter. I always wanted to try pottery so I took a class. I LOVED it. My professor asked what I was going to school for and when I told him elementary ed, he was disgusted and told me I should change my major to art. I laughed hard and told him that I had a family to support. Two semesters later after selling all of my pots at a student pottery sale, I changed my major. I have never not sold a pot I had in a sale. I love being a potter.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i wanted to be a teacher and a mommy... lol... i only ended up being a mommy!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• A teacher and mom. I am a mom, was a preschool teacher and on my way to being a Drug and Alcohol Counselor/Spcoa; Wprler/

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i wanted to be a vet.but iam a mom and wife.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010