Have you guys heard about the Bell, California scandel?

Im just wondering if this has gone nation wide, b/c it should. 8 Bell officials including the mayor and the city director where arrested and charged with many felony counts of embezeling city funds. Over the past 5 yrs it is estimated that they stole 5 million dollars from the good hard working people of Bell. Robert Rizzo has 53 counts against him, it just makes me sick that they got away with it for so long. Have you heard about it and do you think if it was happening in your city, it could be found out somehow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• wow that's crazy. I haven't heard about that but I canceled cable so I can't see the news
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Wow, Im shocked that no one else knows about this. Im in Southern California so its on the news every day here. It should be nation wide, everyone needs to know that what happened in the city of Bell California can happen in any city USA.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I'm in the SF Bay Area, and it was on the news here.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No i have not that is some crazy stuff
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 1:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yep, I hope they get the book thrown at them. It would be great if they had to pay back the money too. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I hope they have to pay every penny back, plus do time........that was so wrong to do.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i heard they have to pay back but they can keep their jobs til election. so stupid if you ask me. if our town was doing that we would be wanting a special election
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• NPR has been carrying it regularly.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2010