scanning help

if i delete my internet browsing history and my photos in my window vista laptop from dell will it take less time to scan? i have to scan it every friday and it takes up to 4 hours to scan and its a mcafe antivirus suppostly it should scan by itself evey friday at 4 am but it doesnt i have to do it by my own and yesterday there were appering some letters in the screen and it would turn off and times when im on it the internet doesnt wanna get on i have to restart it

haileysmommy11

Asked by haileysmommy11 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• you have a virus.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i dont think so
    haileysmommy11

Comment by haileysmommy11 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• u really should use switch to microsoft security essentials, it's way better than mcafeit detects more viruses than mcafe and i only use mcafe when i am internet browsing since it tells me when it's not a good site or when im downloading something it will stop me from doing it when it scans it and finds something suspicious, when i didn't have both, my computer had a worm on it that started making it slow, and then it downloaded itself on my laptop, and disabled my norton antivirus ( which was expired), and i couldn't get rid of it, and so had to take it to my uncle and it took him, 2 weeks to return it back to me and later told me that i had over 200 viruses and worms on it that that's why it was starting to work slow, so i would suggest u get microsoft security essentials instead since that was what he installed on my computer.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• whats mrcrosoft essentials
    haileysmommy11

Comment by haileysmommy11 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2010