How many of you get ready to go to bed or get the kids to bed and then realize that you are hungry because you didn't actually eat dinner yourself?

This used to happen to me when my kids were younger because I usually didn't care for what they wanted for dinner or I wasn't hungry when they were. Now it is a matter of whether or not we get to eat together at all with sports and everything going on. But some evenings I do realize that I am hungrier than what I probably should be.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do this all the time. Lol! My kids are 2 and 5 months and by the time I remember to eat I'm starving. I'm usually feeding the baby at the dinner table while my 2 year old eats so we still kind of eat as a family. =P
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yes this happens to me a lot! I am never hungry when I feed my son supper but by 10 pm I am. Not good I know! lol
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• make your a bowl of cereal
    ruthromano

Answer by ruthromano at 10:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• eat a bowl of cereal
    ruthromano

Answer by ruthromano at 10:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Not me. We eat as a family everynight so its hard to forget to eat.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes! i have a 10 wk old and some days i am so busy with her and doing things for her and going to the grocery etc that when she is finally in her crib at night and i can sorta relax i realize i am starving, dying of thirst and i have to pee really bad...lol...i take care of those 3 things and then im so tired i just wanna pass out...mommy-hood is crazy!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have teens, and yes I do this.. They are ready to eat and sometimes Im not. I come home from work and even though I cook, I need to unwind before I eat. Maybe a shower, getting things in order for tomorrow....but I forget to eat, then Im hungry at like 10pm and Im wondering why..lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Usually I will cook dinner and we will all eat together. but we had a baseball practice tonight so I had to make quick things for the kids and didnt eat myself cause i was getting them ready. So yeah after we got home and i put them to bed i was starving.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sometimes. Or DH will lay next to me and say are you hungry, then we do a fast food run, or I sit on the edge of the bed with a sani or a bowl of cereal.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• we always eat dinner together, but i usually have a snack after they go to bed for the sheer joy of eating something without having to share it with 3 other people!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010