How many of ya'll pooped during delivery & any ideas on how to possibly prevent it?

boxermom1321

Asked by boxermom1321 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did with all 3 and I don't think there is anything that can help to not prevent it from happening !
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• you will not know if you do and you will not care at the moment. and there is nothing you can do about it.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 4:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It happened to me. And while I was totally embarrased the doc's and nurses are used to it. It happens more often than not. i dont know of any way to prevent it.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 4:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• They say u won't know if u do! Lol only with my 3rd child did I poop was and still am utterly embarressed! Lol no way to prevent it! If babys head is bearin down on the wrong spot... U poop
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 4:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My mom told me she did. She said it was embarrassing but the nurse told her that this is normal and she should not worry about it. It happens if you didnt get a enema. Thats why most hospitals offer you one, they want to avoid it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It happens to every woman who hasn't cleared her bowls before labor. You can have an enema
    (or several depending on how stopped up you are) and that will "prevent" you from pooping during labor.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 4:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I didn't, but the nurse/midwife told me it's a good sign when you do because it means you are really pushing as hard as you can! LOL, thought that was a nice way to present it... I guess I didn't push hard enough.
    maryaozer

Answer by maryaozer at 5:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Wow I didn't know this was an actual problem....lol I guess I never thought of it when I was giving birth and to be honest with you, if I did, I really don't care. There is not a whole lot you do care about at that moment in time except getting your kid out and quickly!
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 5:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• if they don't tell you about it - you wont even know you did - a lot going on down there while giving birth, and if you receive an epidural, you wont have a clue - i just told them I didn't want to know about any if it happened -

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 10:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Most people do, its a sign your pushing right! Don't worry about it, the doctors and nurses are use to it and probably really don't notice it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2008