Does anyone ever feel like they made a mistake?

I love my kids, but sometimes I think, What did I do to my life? It felt like something was missing before I had them, and now.....Sometimes I wonder why I did. They are so close in age all I feel like I do is play referree and I am always so tired. There is always so much to do. I love them but there are days where I miss the way things were before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• you're not alone!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I too get tired and frustrated with how things are going since all 5 kids want to fight! Only three of them are mine, other two are my nephews that I babysit. They range in ages from 10-5. But at the end of the day it is all worth it! My me time really helps keep me sane, maybe you should find some time for you! Good luck!!!!
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 10:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Personally I think that is normal. Esp if you are still young. I am 24 and have two young children and feel that way sometimes as well. Things will get better, hang in there.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You may want to try to go to the park and let them run wild, you can get some relaxation in while they play to their little hearts' content. Also, try having a day either every other week, or once a week....just a few hours......where someone can step in for you, and let you take a breather....go window shop at the mall, curl up in a book store with a book, or catch a movie or something. This always helps me. Good Luck!!! Things will get better. One day, you will think of this, and wish you had it back. They grow up SOOO fast!
    Sweetie21

Answer by Sweetie21 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• you have to remember that this is what life is all about- when they get older you will wonder where the time went. they wont be babies forever. just try to take time for yourself at least once aday.
    king0913

Answer by king0913 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It's normal...I think we all have those days..Heck mine happen just last week...Its tough being responsible for someone else's life, Im sure you are doing a wonderful job... The fact that you came here to talk says alot...You have to pick your battles with these little ones..When my two boys (18th mths apart) get into their constant fighting stage, their punishment is that they can not play with one another until I say so ... They hate to be away from each other...Take some mommy time...at least 30 mins out the day...If that dont work know that we are here for you...HUGS!!!
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No, I don't feel like my child is a mistake but I do feel that my parents made a mistake having kids, especially my mom. She is one person who would have been happier without kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You are normal. I feel that way with one. lol I feel I am always butting heads with him. Honestly...I am stopping at one b/c I find parenting frustrating at times.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yea i feel this way.also feel terrible saying it. but there are some days were i look around and wonder what on earth i was thinking,or why didnt someone warn me!! i love them to death but jeewizz some days are just to much.
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 11:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Its normal, but take it from me, the day they move out or go off to college comes way way before you think. I look at my son who is now 24 and think where did my life go...where did his childhood go?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2010