Uh, what the heck?!?

So someone who is somehow related to my husband is on my facebook page, he is on my husbands too...anyway I put a status up today about people sitcking papers in our door and it scaring me (the sound that is). So the guy replied with, "well how else are you going to know you are behind on rent?"

You dont even know me, and what the hell gives you the right to say that about my family? Do we look like poor or something? Im really upset that he said that! Ive never met the guy, EVER.

What do you think?

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• the only time we get papers on our door is if our rent is late...
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Ok, well we ALWAYS pay our rent. We litterally in 5 years have never missed one payment. The army gives us money to pay our rent so where is there an excuse to NOT pay?
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think he meant it as a joke, not a personal insult. As the first reply said, the only type paper is put in their door is if the rent is late, so they wouldn't know it was unless they got the paper. It was just a joke, I think you're being overly sensitive.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Late rent is NOT the only reason people get papers stuck on their doors. We have had all types of papers stuck on our doors, from church invites, to community helpers. Just because someone has a paper on his/her door, does NOT mean it has anything to do with finances, much less rent. And if it does, guess what---It is NOT your business!!!! That is between the owners of the house, and tenant. I would just send him a nice message (private, not on his wall) explaining that it had nothing to do with rent, and I would appreciate it if he kept personal things to personal space.
    Sweetie21

Answer by Sweetie21 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think it may have been a poor attempt at a joke. It doesn't make it right but i notice on facebook its all about who has the better comeback or sacastic remark on a post. I mean I dont have a crystal ball and dont know what he was thinking but I dont think you should be stressd out about it. I mean you right to be upset just dont stress it. and go back on facebook and delete it then noone will see it and he may get the hint.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• IF U KNOW THAT UR NOT POOR Y GET UPSET ABOUT IT... LET PPLE SAY WHAT THEY WANT..
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It sounds like a joke, I kinda laughed. I really don't think he was insinuating anything.
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 10:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i think he meant it as a joke too..... but as a side note i get alot of papers stuck in my door.... flyers and other crap. never anything important. i would have just said something smart back to him like 'speaking from experience i see' or ignore him and forget about it. he just has a strange sense of humor.... not trying to be condescending imo

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I felt what he did was rude. He's never met me or my husband, I know they are related by last name and he is also on my FIL's page..its just RUDE to assume that somone is not paying their bills!!! Holy cow, and he has to know that DH is in the Army, so why the hell?! Yeah I may be being too sensitive but come on, thats just not a right thing to say.
    I replied back with, Thats the ONE bill the army pays for, so nope"

Havent heard from him again. why are people so mean?
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• He was joking around. But usually when you don't pay your rent, the landlord sticks a note in the door. As do businesses to advertise their products or services.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010