Palmetto Bugs!!!

OMG! Taking the trash out... They were partying in the trees and one dropped on me!!! Friggin feel like I am crawling all over now!
That's the one bug I really could live without (other than mosquitoes)... I never saw anything like them until we moved down here.

Would that not gross you out?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 10:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ew!! I really hate those things. I woke up one time with one on my arm in the middle of the night. I was screaming 'Oh My God Oh my God!!' and jumping around. My poor DH thought Someone had broken into the house. I wanted to barf and I couldn't sleep unitl DH sprayed the entire perimeter of the room with bug spray!! EW!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Hell yeah!! Eewww...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would have a complete freak fest. I am not a bug person much LESS a flying roach person. Once in Greece I was dining at a seaside place and looked right next to me on a wall and there was a GIANT roach half the size of my hand. I screamed (causing everyone to look at the stupid American) and flew over my husband to get away. I'm very sorry!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I man, I F'ing HATE those things. I grew up on the Gulf Coast, so I get chills just thinking about the sound their wings make when they fly. It took me almost 2 years of being away from the south before I would quit jumping if I saw a knothole (in woodwork) out of the corner of my eye. They are so gross!!!!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• OMGGGGG i HATE them things!! they scare the hell out of me!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i live in michigan now, so no palmetto bugs here...but i remember stepping on them just walking on the sidewalks in SC, and i had a nightmare in Atlanta because i vacuumed one up, and i had a dream that it laid its egg sack in my vacuum...and it hatched!!!
    AWFUL!!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I hate those bugs, seriously. I lived in a house with a huge cockroach problem and now when I see those things I freak out!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• When i lived in Florida for about a year I hated them! one day I was driving barefoot(i know i know) and one crawled on my foot (not my driving foot thank god) and scared the crap out of me...I really love being back in the north so I dont have to deal with those damn things.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would totally FREAK OUT!

Brooke freak out GIF Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• They are so creepy!!!
    You can't go outside in the evening without running into them, and at night... man, they're EVERYWHERE! Every so often one will come in through the garage door and fly around the LR until my SO flips out and starts swatting at it like a cat until he knocks it down (we have a vaulted ceiling- and I can't reach! lol)... SOOOO CREEPY!
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2010