Is there any possible health risks to the recalled similac?

I know the similac site says no but can we trust them not to cover their own butts? Is there any other way to find out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I highly doubt it to be honest. I wouldn't worry about the issue to much. If you are extremely concerned, speak to your child's doctor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• from what i heard it was possible contamination from insect parts right? it's not contaminated with poision or anything like that
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I doubt that there is a health risk. There are bugs in peanut butter....And in some of the veggies you eat that have not been properly cleaned.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I read gastro intestinal discomfort but that's all I've head I also heard it was bug larva yuck. Have you checked your cans to see if their okay?
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 10:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I saw a Doctor on the news today say no risk but if there is any sign of discomfort, it would go away with in 48 hrs once off the milk...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• There are health risks with any formula, but especially contaminated ones. Yes, there are bugs in a lot of processed foods... but not usually enough to be recalled. This was beetles and larvae... Gross! It really makes you wonder what the condition the processing plants are in to be attracting those creatures.
    Randi02

Answer by Randi02 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Really? I guess the answer is no, if you are OK with your infant ingesting insect parts and larva. Formula alone is a health risk. I would hate to see what formula plants look like if that many beetles were able to get in millions of dollars worth of formula without anyone noticing. They must really care about their customers children.
    jessica1219

Answer by jessica1219 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No. I have seen so many posts on here that say things like "My baby ate an (insert insect name) what should I do?" While it is discusting it seems like an isolated incident and at least they had the decency to recall it to fix the problem.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 8:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2010