• In the Spotlight:

Infant headstone?

ok, my son passed away almost a year ago and I was not able to afford to buy a headstone at the time, but now I can. Does anyone know of a good website where they seel infant headstones. I also do not know what I want it to be, if anyone has any suggestions it would be great I have never had to do this before I am a little lost.

saysha100687

Asked by saysha100687 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Shopping

• sell not seel
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Something with an angel on it would be cute for an infant headstone . I don't know where to look for one though ! I am so sorry to hear about your lost and may the lord be with u and your family .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I think most funeral homes would do it. My sister had one done. My deepest sympathy for ur loss. An angel is a lovely symbol to have near a childs grave to remind u of ur angel who will always be with u :)
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 5:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• first of all let me say I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my baby boy he was 20.mos. old when he passed away, I went thru the funeral home we used, they went thru Porsmouth Monument. Not sure where you are. I had his pic put on there and on the back I put his last name in between two baseball bats and on the front I had them to put his info (name, date of birth, date of death)on a scroll. And at the bottom I had them to put "Always in our hearts".
    my4loves3

Answer by my4loves3 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Thank you ladies for your ideas, and my4loves3 I am sorry about your son, your gravestone sounds beautiful.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I had a butterfly put on my daughter's stone. Our babies are like butterflies that "fluttered" through our lives for a short time, bringing beauty, but sadness that they didn't get to stay long. I got the idea from a book called "For Hearts That Had Hopes And Dreams." It is like a baby book for the angels we didn't get to keep for long. It has places for keepsakes, journaling, and some really pretty artwork and prose. If you are interested, you can check it out at www.butterfly-crossing.com. I have one for my precious Kenzee-Kay, who was stillborn January 11, 1999, and I cherish mine!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• http://www.everlifememorials.com/v/headstones/infant-headstones.htm
    So sorry for your loss.....
    You might check here for ideas. I'm sure your funereal home has books full of samples
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Watch going through the funeral homes, they charge an arm and a leg. Go straight to a monument company out of your area so you don't have to pay a ton in shipping. Plus you want to see what they sketched out before it is written in stone. I don't have any advice on what to put on it, I think you will know that as soon as you see it. So sorry for your loss. Hope you find the perfect stone for your angel.
    Addiesmom83

Answer by Addiesmom83 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My son' headstone includes two photos one of the two of us kissing when he was two and the other his last school photo when he was fifteen.

Below that is something personal that I wrote. You can view it on the internet in many sites. Just type in Nicholas Markowtiz or In Memory of Nicholas.

((Hugs and my condolences))

Nick's Mom

Susan Markowtiz

NicksMomPOMC

Answer by NicksMomPOMC at 9:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Saysha- I can't say that I can give you any help on this subject. God bless you and yours and good luck in your search for the perfect memorial stone. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be a beautiful lasting tribute to your beautiful baby.

Nick's mom - I just watched several things on you tube about Nick and the case. As a mother, my heart just aches for you and what your family has gone through. You are all in my family's prayers. God bless you.
    Anonymous