Are you involved in the PTO/PTA at your child's school?

I am the president of our school's PTO. I'm trying to increase participation, so I'm just wondering what the reasons are / could be for parents to not get involved.

travzmom

Asked by travzmom at 10:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• im involved..well..this is the first year, i wasnt last year..and theres only been one meeting so far..school just started 3 weeks ago..lol..but now dd is in gr 1, and i just think it would be good...i want to be involved as much as i can, i think the reason so many people arent, is because they could just care less...dd's school is k-5. theres approx 380 kids, and theres only about 8 people that are there every single time!! (this is what our president told us) at the last meeting i went to, they said it was the biggest turnout they ever had, and there was still only about 21 or 22 people there..it'll be interesting to see how many are there next time..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I go to the meetings... I can't say I'm all that involved with it. Before we moved here 3 yrs ago I was very involved at our oldests elementary school, but for some reason, at this one I just can't seem to get into it... I know some of the Moms, and have 2 in this elementary school, but I would rather just help out in the classroom and let the PTA do their thing.... The Moms are so snobby, to the point where I just kind of sit back and not say anything.. They even have the same hair styles, it's kinda strange. I don't know, maybe it's just me..
    I'm also kind of an older Mom, I have a 14 yr old, and then 7 and 8 yr olds, so most of them don't have teens, so maybe that's it... lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010