Looking for my next series to read...any suggestions?

Recently, I've read the Twilight series and Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood series. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a series to read?

travzmom

Asked by travzmom at 10:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• Brandon Sanderson has his own trilogy, called Mistborn, which is also very good. If you're looking for lighter fantasy, Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series is vastly entertaining. Also, Anne McCaffrey's Pern series is great. It's a classic for a reason. :)
    Hope that helps a bit. BTW, forgive the punctuation and typos. Typing one-handed while holding a baby. :)
    drinnian

Answer by drinnian at 11:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Piers Anthony - The Incarnations of Immortality
    Rachel Caine - Weather Warden series, or the Morganville Vampires series
    Jim Butcher - The Dresden Files
    Kim Harrison - The Hollows series
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Well, I know everyone thinks they are kids' books, but I read the Chronicles of Narnia series in college and loved them!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Anita Blake series (by Laurell Hamilton) is good through about book 7. Gets a little distasteful later in the series though. Nora Roberts has some fun fantasy trilogies...Sign of Seven, Key, Gallaghers, The Circle, Three Sisters Island. For more vampires you can always go back to the Anne Rice series. I enjoyed that one through book 6 (The Vampire Armand). It starts with Interview With a Vampire.
    If you're looking for straight fantasy, there are lots of great series out there. My personal all-time favorite is Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Much heavier than anything listed above, but an incredible story. It's on book 12 right now, with 2 more to come. Serious time investment though, since they're long books. Robert Jordan died recently, so it's being finished by Brandon Sanderson. More in another box. Running out of space to write...
    drinnian

Answer by drinnian at 11:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I am currently reading the earth children series by Jean M. Auel. My step mother got me hooked on them and they are wonderful books. I have already read clan of the cave bear (book 1) and valley of the horses (book 2). I just ordered the mammoth hunters (book 3) and am impatiently waiting for it :)
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 11:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If you liked Twilight you'll love the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Don't know if you like sci-fi but the Dune series by Frank Herbert and the Hyperion series by Dan Simmons are absolutely wonderful. For something completely different, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy novels by Douglas Adams.
    AsiaCansler

Answer by AsiaCansler at 11:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Absolutely agree with AsiaCansler. Dune and Hitchhiker's Guide are both great!
    drinnian

Answer by drinnian at 11:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Vampire Diaries or Pretty Little Liars...
    I am in the middle of the Vampire Diaries and I have read the twilight series.. harry potter series... and a couple others.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:55 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Kelley Armstrong The woman of the otherworld and the men of the other world series there awsome i cant stop reading them im on the second to the last book of the series and i dont want to finish them because then i wont have anything to read lol
    giraffegrl1980

Answer by giraffegrl1980 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2010