Should i do adoption even if the "decision" was.. adult content

He says we shouldn't have the baby b/c i'm 23 & he's 60..so he sy's that we would be cheating the child in some fashion of a normal life..so he ask me to consider getting an abortion..so now i'm consider adoption cause i wanna do right by the baby while keeping his views and my 2yr. old in mind..please help need advice on how to handle this properly..

Lovelymee23

Asked by Lovelymee23 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• People read her question instead of reading the word abortion and then launching into your rant. As sleepingbeauty said, she does not even say she is considering abortion. How about answering her question?
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• She didn't even say she was considering abortion. You people need to learn to read!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think that in this situation it comes down to whether you want the boyfriend or the baby more. It's totally up to you. A baby can have a great life with a single mom. Or a young mom and an older dad. and my 2 year old loves her baby brother :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• YOU look in your heart and figure out what decision that YOU can live with.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• imagine how your son will feel when he finds out you gave his brother away to strangers.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If, as you exclaim, "I want this baby" then KEEP YOUR BABY! Absolutely, 100%, you are his or her mother and you will have to live with whatever path you choose forever, because it is ultimately your decision, not his. A normal life is a completely bizarre standard to judge a child's life by. Does your current child have a normal life? Who, do you know, who has a normal life? There are all kinds of families and all kinds of parents and all kinds of homes- they are all normal unless they are abusive or neglectful. My Dad was 56 when I was born and my mom was 30. So what? My Dad wanted to father me, so he did, he was a kind, loving parent and now a kind, loving granddad. Your baby's father may or may not be in the child's life, but you can't make your decision based on him. You have to make the best decision for YOU and for YOUR CHILD, and the absolute best decision for a baby who has a WILLING and CAPABLE mother is to stay with.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• ... that mother. You can read about all the ill effects for mother and child of separation through adoption but the bottom line is if you don't want to give your child up, don't do it. I say, stay away from him and every one else who has an opinion about what you should do with this pregnancy and journal, draw, meditate, or do whatever you have to do to center your thoughts and become secure in what you want. Then, stick with it. If you come to the conclusion that you want your baby to raise, as you seem to already know, then be committed to that and it won't matter what he decides to do. But maybe, as you say, this is his freak out and he will change his feelings. But, you are the mother, so you make the decision, no matter what he decides to do. In short the answer to your initial question is a big fat NO! No woman should place for adoption if she wants to and have the capability to raise her child.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• please don't get an abortion!! if you don't want the baby give it up for adoption!! and seriously.. if you dont want any more babies get your tubes tied and he needs to get snipped!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sounds like he wanted the fun without the resposability. Please have your baby.. Don't worry about him, he hasn't grown up yet. You'll find plenty of support here.. God bless.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 10:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sweetie, this child will forever and always be a part of you, this man and Big Brother. You have to think about how your son will feel if you give his Brother up to strangers...and if the child wants to find you when they are older, how are they going to feel knowing you kept one child and gave them away?

I think that your heart is telling you to keep this baby and I think that is the right decision. This Man should not have slept with you if he did not want a child, he knew it was a possibility. It always is. THings happen. If he wants to be a jerk, make him pay child support.

Good Luck. I truly hope you decide to keep your baby.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010