Do you take your child/children to a "Mother's Day Out" program or a preschool a couple of days a week?

Mine do. I am a SAHM but I'm also a full time student (took all online classes this semester) and I was seriously struggling trying to juggle the demands of being a SAHM with the demands of school.

I figure that those 12 hours a week (actually 10 when you take our drop off and pick up times) would really help with giving me time for school. It DEFINATELY has but I didn't anticipate how much the kids would LOVE it. They have so much fun and they are learning so much from being around other kids.

I cried the whole way home the first two days but they really seem to be enjoying it. My 15 month old is learning to be more social (he was dealing with some pretty bad seperation anxiety issues) and he's picking up on all kinds of new words. Our 3 year old LOVES to play with the kids and do "circle time."

Anyways it's been a good experience for us. If you take your child to an preschool...what has your experience been like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son started a preschool program at 2.5 years old. He only went 2 days/week from 9-11.30. It was great for him socially and for me because I could finish some homework. I was finishing my BA at the time. I work now and he goes 9-2.30 M-F for the pre-k program at his preschool.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• im a SAHM too and i go to school fulltime. i go on campus though, for my BA in criminal justice. i usually do my homework and studying when my 16 month old is playing or napping, or if hes with my mom. i was thinking about doing the preschool thing though but not sure yet. i perfer to have him home with me if im around. i do go to the gym though and put him in the daycare there for a couple of hours. its really nice, big with lots of toys and he has so much fun. he loves it. he also had seperation anxiety when i first started bringing him but after about a week, he loved it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My DS, 2, had his 2nd day of Mother's Day Out today and he loves it! He would cry when we dropped off his big brother, 11, at school and would say,"Matt-chew go bye-bye school!" over and over. So, I went and fund him a little school to go to. On his first day,Monday, he waved to me and said' "Bye-bye Mommy! I at school!" Not a tear out of him. Tears out of me the entire ride home!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No not really, but when they were younger the grade school had a Parents Day Out ran by the high school students in early December to allow parents time to Christmas shop without kids, and I also used that day to put the lights up on the outside of the house.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:55 AM on Sep. 24, 2010