Does the elctronic/electric ciggarette work?

My husband ordered me on this past week and I am really excited to use it! Does it work?

Anyone have any positive results from it or?

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 11:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• my SO bought one but he didnt really try to make it work, so it didnt work. i didnt like it, the taste of it or anything so i never even bought it or tried.
    i think it could work if you really want it too.
    im trying to so hard to quit right now. i go 2 days without smoking & then give in. im thinking of trying a medication..
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I quit cold turkey! Granted I broke, twice, but I've been a nonsmoker since July :) If you put your mind to something and really believe that you HAVE to do it, you will. I quit smoking Everything and quit drinking, I'm a bitch, but a healthy bitch! You can do it too!
    swink318

Answer by swink318 at 12:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I kinda want one...I love to smoke, but hate the smell and the health dangers. I hope it does work and more kinds come out so they are affordable and more effective.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 11:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My DH and I each have one, and it does work. They take some getting used to, and you should try more than one flavor ~ until you find one you like. They aren't all the same. I like the peach and orange flavors better than the actual tobacco flavors, and they seem to work better for me. I still get the nicotine but it sort of breaks the tobacco 'want' a lot better.

Now, I'll be honest, neither one of us truly 'wants' to quit. We got these as a way to save money more than anything else. They definitely do that after the first month of use (if you use them). And, also honestly, using the ecig took us from 6-7 cartons a month down to one. For myself, I genuinely still prefer a 'real' cig after a meal and in the evening, but the rest of the day I generally just use the ecig. I know several others using them who quit outright (wanted to) ~ most people say they work better than anything else they've tried. Good luck!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Cold turkey normally does not last. I know :)
    But, I have been cutting down the amount I smoke in 1/2 if I can. My husband said it is like a 'water vapor' you take in...
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Good for you swink318!! I amsoproud of you for quitting smoking!! AND cold turkey! I wish my hubby would quit but he's been doing it for so long it would be hard but I've told him I'd support him. I think that is key for anyone for anything, a great support team! That's right just think of how healthy you are.
    cmadd

Answer by cmadd at 10:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Thank you Farmlady!!! So far on my own, I am down to 3-6 cigs from 10 in the last 2 weeks. I changed to regular from Menthol so I would want to 'smoke less.' My husband paid 70.00+ for them plus, a month supply of 'tobacco.' He figured thats all I would need since after some time and you do not smell the smoke, it makes you gag when you do.
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• You're welcome. Using the fruit flavors helps me a LOT because I have something that tastes good going in and I think about the tobacco a lot less. The only one that has been an issue is the cream soda flavor ... because it tastes soooo much like the soda and doesn't do anything about thirst lol. The peach and orange flavors taste like fruit (and that is what my fingers smell like!). Much nicer than cig smell.

If you think you might need more of the liquid, check out the Nhaler site. They have the most awesome liquid selection and their prices aren't bad. Since we aren't adamant about quitting, I ordered a small amount to check them out, and have since ordered enough for the entire year ~ for less than what we used to spend for a month.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2010