Why do people bash this....but accept that......

I'm not sure why, so I thought I would ask, a lot of people bash Americans if they are on PA, yet they are so very accepting of ILLEGAL people being here, as if there are no illeagal people abusing the system.

sheloveearth

Asked by sheloveearth at 11:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not fond of either. If someone needs short term help while they are trying to better themselves then so be it but I do have a problem when people live on it for years with no change. My mom, for example, was on food stamps for almost 7 years straight because there are no limits for how long someone can continously recieve PA in our state.

7 YEARS! She could have earn 3 associates degrees during that time or a bachelors degree to better herself. She did not. She also did not make choices that would help her to get off PA and quite frankly there were times when she didn't need it but got it because she qualified. Getting it because you qualify but do not need it is ABUSE!

As for illegal aliens...we have a system for a reason. They need to go through it and come into our country LEGALLY. They are criminals when they do not. They need to be treated as such.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't think the illegals are abusing the system, as much as the administration, who is just handing it all over to the illegals. Food stamps, free medical, free housing, free education, college scholarships, even our Social Security, which they have never even paid into! It's easier for an illegal immigrant to get PA & Social Security than out own people.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• generally the people who bash PA are not fond of illegals. I don;t like illegals but have no problem with people on PA that NEED it. Most of the people I have ever known on PA are just users and most were on drugs. I would say 1 in 10 that I have ever known truly needed it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I'm in total agreement with ghostwriter. I personally don't have any problem with PA so long as it's not being abused, but because some people DO abuse it, everyone who NEEDS it gets lumped into that category, too. So many people think that EVERYONE on PA is either an illegal immigrant, or a drug addict or lazy bum or something. It's really sad that people think that way. I've only known maybe one person who abused the system, but they were found out quickly and their assistance was removed. Everyone else that I've known on PA (including my family) have really needed it, or their family probably would have ended up starving or homeless.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No one who is for controls on PA is ok with illegals collecting ti.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I am not happy with either. I think PA is there for people who need it but not something that should be used for your whole life.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That is not true Juliansmommy I know alot of familys that no matter how hard they work need the help not every one is abusing and using of others as people like you think they are
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:25 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't have a problem with anyone who is down on their luck, but doing everything possible to improve their life. Public assistance is there for that reason.
    No one should be sitting back and abusing the system. It has been my experience to see Illegals working harder than many Americans. The reason illegals came to America was to IMPROVE their lives. I have a bigger problem with companies outsourcing our jobs, which could keep Americans on PA. I find it strange how people get upset with illegals, yet find it ok for companies to give our jobs to foreign countries.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't have a problem
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't really bash either.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 12:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010