What time of day do you work out? Morning, Noon, Evening, Night?

Do you think it matters when you work out?

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 11:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• for me morning is best.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I do everyday at 11am, when my show comes on.. It's my treat while I ride my elliptical.. I don't think you should work out close to bedtime because of the burst of energy you get, but otherwise I don't think it matters...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I prefer morning, but usually wind up going to the gym around 8pm
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I like to workout while ds is napping, gives me time to workout and cool down before he gets up he naps btwn 12pm and 130pm
    mommylee21

Answer by mommylee21 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Over the summer, I was getting up a little earlier and getting on the elliptical for 30 minutes in the morning before the kids got up and before I had breakfast. Worked out great. Then ~ of course ~ my routine stopped. I have started again, but now that school is back in and I feel like I am starting all over again, I am hitting the elliptical around 10 - 10:30 am for about 15 minutes before I pick my daughter up from preschool and then another 15 minutes or so around 3 pm before I get my son off the bus. I think you just have to find that right spot that fits for you ~ and it may not always be the same time everyday!! Good luck!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 8:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Most days, I work out mid-morning, after the kids are off to school and husband is off to work. If I don't do it then, I have a difficult time getting motivated to do it in the afternoon or evening. I also seem to have more energy in the mornings.
    I was reading an article recently that said that if you are exercising to lose weight (not just maintaining your weight or exercising for cardio benefits), then the best time to do it is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach because your body will reach into its "reserves" if you haven't eaten. It also said if you just can't work out in the AM before eating, then only have a very light protein snack-sized helping before exercising.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Morning while my son is in school and my daughter either sleeps or watches me, sometimes she tries to join in, thats always funny !
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• In the morning sometimes before they wake or while they are up. And on the days we have school I do something a little less involved like 10 minute segments of pilates and you should definitely eat a snack size portion of something or else you will get light headed, I eat almonds.
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 9:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I chase a 2 year old and BF a 3 month old....I'm working out all day long :)
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:46 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Whenever I can lol. Usually in the morning when my husband and daughter are still sleeping because then I am not bothered :)
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 12:38 AM on Nov. 1, 2010