Should I go to my neices baptism?

I am sitting her crying like a fool because my sister never picks me for anything. She chose her best friend over me for her maid of honor (actually didn't even ask me to be a brides maid, I am her ONLY sister) chose a sister in law who lives out of state to be her first son's god mother and now chose her OTHER sister in law who lives out of state to be my neice's god mother. I just don't get it and it really hurts my feelings. These people don't even SEE the kids, sometimes I see these kids (I helped potty train my nephew, come on!) twice a week! I am really upset, and I don't even want to go, but I know if I don't then I will piss everyone else in the family off...ugh...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe she figured that bringing in someone from outside the family broadens things. Rather than having someone that is already a part of the little ones life. Just a thought. I would go because you love the little one . I am sorry that she is hurting your feelings, the people that we love the most are able to do that better than anyone else. You might say something directly to her asking her so that you can get it resolved.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Be the bigger person and go to the baptism. You will totally regret it if you don't go and it will change you relationship with your sister and the kids.

ASK her!! Tell her you are hurt that she didn't ask you. Maybe her husband or MIL pressured her into picking her SIL and she is doing it to keep the peace in her marriage.

There is NOTHING more important than Family and don't let something so minor ruin your relationship with your sister. Once damaged, it will never be the same
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Maybe ask her why you are not an option in any important event, or ask her why she chose the others (for what qualities).

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 11:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• go for the baby. however you feel about your sister, you will always love your niece.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i know how you feel.... my sister chose our step sister to be her son's godmother and we are really close. i gave her shit about it but i still went (actually we got her baby and my middle one done at the same time lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• just keep your relationship with the kids dont do anything ever for your sister.... and remember she has a husband so that could be a factor....
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 11:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• wow thats mean of ur sis, sorry.My older brother didnt show up to my kids either, it did hurt my feelings.Maybe thats why, i didnt ask him to baptize them.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would go sweetie. Do it for your niece. It makes you the bigger person and you will be glad you did. Your niece will too.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Go to the baptism. When your niece gets older, she'll look through pictures and see that you were there. Also, "godparent" is just a title and these people are out of state, whereas you are fortunate enough to be close enough to see her and be an active part of her life. Which is more important? The title? Or seeing her grow up and learn new things every day?
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would go just for the little one
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010