Dental stay plate - anyone have one?

I had 2 teeth pulled today. One of my very front teeth and the one next to it. I am getting a stay plate in 2 weeks. I am reading nothing but negative things about this device.
Does anybody use one? How long have you had it? What and when did you get as the permanent replacement for it?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 11:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• Thankfully have never needed one. I don't see why it'd be such a big deal as a temporary thing.

In 5th grade my best friend had one of those. I forget what happened, but she had some sort of accident that knocked her front tooth out. Personally I'd take one of those over having a hole. Nice to maintain appearance, but more importantly the spacing. I know my teeth have shifted some with the temporary crown, and then shifting back when the permanent crown is in.. that shifting HURTS. (probably not as bad as baby teething, but I definitely have a better understanding of DD's pain than I used to)
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 1:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2010