Are you doing what you wanted to be when you grew up?

When my brother was born (I was 5), I decided I wanted to be a "baby nurse." I am currently in nursing school, studying to be a midwife, after trying out a few different majors. What about you?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 11:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wanted to be a Mom, and now I have been for 14 years, and wouldn't change a thing!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Nope, I thought that I would be working but I never knew how happy I would be as a staying at home.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Nope... I wanted to be a social services case manager... specifically dealing with foster kids. I wanted to be able to help kids that are like I was. I had my daughter got a very pleasant detour.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 11:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No. I want/ed to be a photographer traveling the country, the world even. I am a SAHM. Don't get me wrong I love every second I get to be with my kids and watch/guide them. However, the SAHM life is very mundane, very repeditive, and very ordinary. It's not the life I wanted growing up, but it was the choice that was neccisary when we decided to have kids. Now that I have kids I still want the same career of a traveling photographer, just with kids and husband in tow.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010