Has anyone ever felt so overwhelmed with stupid house work?

Like who cares about stupid housework right just have some ice cream who cares! Right?

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I stress out about it everyday. It is my most overwhelming job. Everything in my mind has to be perfect. Even after I go to sleep I am never happy with what I accomplish in a day. I clean and pick up almost all day but keeping up with the 3 girls makes it hard to get everything done.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It never ends! When I think I have accomplished something I turn around and look and it's a mess again,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• im not sure about the ice cream part but i do feel that way about house work when during the day im tending to my 8mnth old and going to the house we are remodeling and working..by the time i get back to where we are staying im like what the heck forget this! lol
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• OMG!!!
    I feel like i can work non stop all day, and still have my house be a mess!
    sometimes everything is fine, and then within moments, the boys come home, the twins wake up, friends come over...and it is like a tornado went through!
    ice cream...take me away!
    many of you are probably too young for the old calgon reference!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I've been stressin out about getting my house ready for youth ministry to come to my house on saturday. That's when I get stressed out about housework when I have events at my house.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• When I get overwhelmed about housework it doesn't get done. I sit there in the middle of the room just look around asking myself "Where do I even start?" I can have a mini panic attack if the room gets too bad. Even though it's only cluttered.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Not really... we decluttered a lot and our place is small. I do a small amount of upkeep daily after work (vacuum, wipe up the floor, pick up, dishes) and do laundry and deeper clean every Saturday. I really think decluttering is the key. The rule at our house is, if it hasn't been used in a couple of months, and it's not seasonal, it's going!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yes, and often. Especially when you live in the house with people that don't like to clean up after themselves. That only makes it worse. I talk about picking up after yourself, and it just doesn't do any good. I can never get through, mainly because I have to start all over!!!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Oh, it drives me crazy, especially since my husband doesn't know the purpose of a trash can or laundry hamper. I think I need to start offering lessons.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I love to clean! I know it is strange, btI like the house spotless therefore I am only happy when it is such!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2010