A million dollars?

If you won a million dollars and were required to give half of it to any charity of your choice... which charity would you choose? why? what would you do with the rest of the money?

I would donate to the humane society. I may not be able to set foot in one (mostly because I want to take them all home) but I would want to help all the little animals as much as possible. With the rest of it I think I would buy a small cabin in colorado and as for the rest... i have no clue.

justduckie_mom

Asked by justduckie_mom at 11:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Can I divvy it up? Human Rights Campaign, Planned Parenthood, UNICEF... I'd probably research and find some other worthy causes that I believe in.
    I'd put a nice down payment on a house here and one in Sint Maarten (DH and I had a fantastic vacation there this summer). Upgrade the older car (we have one new, one old), and stick the rest in savings.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i would split it 50/50 between the spca and childrens hospital
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would donate it to our boys school.. They need the help, and I think it would benefit all of the kids.. The other half would go in our house fund, we want to build a home in a couple years, and I think that's a good place for it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Is the million before or after taxes?
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• the church, the chiropractic foundation, and an anti vaccine group.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i would donate to my church and they could use it for mission projects and to make repairs. i would put the rest toward paying off my house.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would set up a foundation and only give a small percentage away each year with the principle going into investments and the interest to go back into the community. Probably something that would help community based programs assist new immigrants and refugees settle into their new communities.
    KiraSaucedo

Answer by KiraSaucedo at 11:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• March of dimes. And the rest I would put in a savings account
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• OMG I would LOVE to open up a DOGTOWN here on the EAST COAST!!

I LOVE that show from National Geographic channel! Its an awesome place for animals! Its a no kill shelter!!!!!!

( I would want to bring them all home too from a shelter, so what better way than to BRING them home...to East Coast Dog Town in Florida! ...theirs is in UTAH! )

If I mad MANY MILLIONS, I would give to childrens charities in town, and then the animal shelters and the cancer society!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 11:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2010