someone please talk? having a panic attack :/

omg i hate these! and i never have any1 to talk to! :/ what can i do to calm down?

wildcatsgurl06

Asked by wildcatsgurl06 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• breathe.
    breathe deep.
    in through the nose for a count of 4
    out through the mouth for a count of 5
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• try and think of something calming like a massage or a peaceful cool room with soft music playing..anything soothing to take your mind off of the attack
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Well your on CM typing so I would say your gonna be fine.. just control your breathing.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Go outside and get some fresh air.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• take a bath and seriously, most important thing to do is breathe. When I have attacks it sounds like I'm having a baby,lol. Just remember, as bad as it seems is never as bad as it could get.....YOU WILL BE OKAY.
    swink318

Answer by swink318 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Try this, it works for me when I'm feeling anxious, can't relax etc..

http://www.umsystem.edu/ums/curators/wellness/mindfulness/guided.htm

MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It is always easier for people who do not suffer from anxiety to give you advice.

However, I think it means more coming from those of us who have been there.

These women have given you some great advice. I always try to do deep breathing exercises. It really helps me. I try to walk. If I just sit there then I let my thoughts spin out of control which makes the anxiety worse.

I hope you are feeling better.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• if it gets to be too much, you CAN call 911. In case you need breathing equipment to help you out, its really ok to call for help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Deep breathing is the best way. I know that depending on how bad mine is sometimes that doesn't always work. At which time I have found that I go to either my husband or my pets and lean on them and mimic their breathing... it sounds crazy but works for me.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 12:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my husbands not here he's in germany right now so i can't lean on him like i usually do. he helps me alot and i have no one to talk to. i'll think about stuff and start to freak out about it and have a panic attack. my husband makes me feel better so it sucks he can't be here with me. he's waiting for us to get a place so he can't :/ i try to breath but when i have them i like to talk to people to keep it off my mind.
    wildcatsgurl06

Comment by wildcatsgurl06 (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Sep. 24, 2010