What does the tooth fairy pay for a 1st lost tooth?

I was just about to head to bed, when I realized that the tooth fairy has not visited yet and my son is now asleep. So, I was wondering, in your household, what does the tooth fairy pay for the 1st lost tooth? What about the other teeth?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 11:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• One gold dollar coin, (we have a lot on hand all the time, vending machines at SO's job)
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 11:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We always used to get rare kinds of money like 2 dollar bills and 50 cent pieces and silver dollars.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 11:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• well my son swallowed his first tooth so he got 0 for that lol. with his first tooth he put into his tooth box she gave him 4 quarters and he was sooo excited lol. i think i'll do $1 per tooth.... what do you think? too expensive? they only have 20 some right?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• $5 for the first tooth and then a dollar for each other tooth. My son hated brushing his teeth so I printed a note from the tooth fairy that she only wanted shiny clean teeth and that she would take this one, but he needed to start brushing if he wanted her to come back. He totally fell for it and still brushes his teeth without complaint. :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• $3 for a tooth for us. Although that happened on accident - my DH was supposed to put $1 under the pillow but accidentally grabbed three. So it's stayed at three. Although one time I gave him $12 because I thought a ten dollar bill was a dollar...
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• A special 2 dollar bill.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Our tooth fairy always paid $2 and a book
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Three dollars for the first one! Just seemed like a good amount, I though a buck was too little and five dollars was too much and I wanted him to be able to actually BUY something. He gets the scholastic book order forms all the time and they constantly have books for three bucks, so that is what he bought!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i would say a dollar sounds good. I always got like 50 cents or something like that but i will give my kids a dollar or 2
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Probably 5 for the first... but 1 dollar for all the rest..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 24, 2010