Isn't it a fire hazzard to NOT change your furnace filter?

We have propane heat, my manager has a husband who works for the company that provides us our propane...we also have new furnaces...so she has been saying this now for 3 years.....that her husband will come around and show us how to replace the filter since it is in a tricky spot...still no new filter and I worry about the fact that it could be a fire hazzard from not being changed in 3 years.

togo90210

Asked by togo90210 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i know that it will severly impact the airflow and therefore the heat output. the air will also be of poor quality so that's not good if you have allergies. i would just do it myself. you could look up the owner's manual online and that will show you how to do it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes, I would figure it out myself.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:09 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I agree with Princessbeth79.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:41 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'm not sure about the fire hazzard stuff but you should change your filter every 3 months or sooner if it gets dirty. I just saw this on TV the other night and they said 3 months. I look at ours all the time and change it when I feel it is necessary
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:49 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yes
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes. Try and figure it out yourself.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2010