I hate lairs!

IS it really that hard to tell the truth even over simply things! Even white lies bug me, I am so tired of being lied too I just want people tp be honest is it really that hard?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 12:07 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• If I am lied too, it is hard for me to trust you ever again. White lies are not okay in my opinion b.c a white lie may need a bigger one to cover that. People confuse their stories when they lie, so people will get caught eventually
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Maybe they'll think you might over-react to the truth.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Whites lies are okay, if your answer is going to be one that is really going to hurt someone's feelings really bad. Suppose you went to a party and you ask a friend if she liked your new dress? Wouldn't you feel really embarrassed and run out of the room? Sometimes it's okay. But if you have to keep lying to get out of a lie, then that's when you get in trouble, and it shouldn't have started in the first place. Sometimes, the truth hurts.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It shouldn't be hard, but if you are referring to kids then that is a whole other issue. Kids will lie so they will not get grounded or worse, have us be upset with them. It's not right, but they do it anyway
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:13 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't like lairs either. Too many evil scientists and bears hanging around.

Just giving you a hard time. I think kids like because they are scared of getting in trouble for what they actually did. I'm not sure why adults lie, but I'd guess the reasons are pretty similar.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I know kids lie I don't mind I usually catch them lying and call them on it... If I asked someone if my dressed looked ok and they told me what they thought it wouldn't hurt my feelings atleast I wouldn't know the truth. White lies build its better to be honest but no one will
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2010