Should Katy Perry's 'Sesame Street' segment have been pulled?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:09 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't think so... .from the 5sec. i saw of it.. the dress didnt seem that bad to me... why would they put it on her in the first place?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think it i ridiculous!

Kids don't see it as sexual. I showed it to my boys and they laughed their heads off at Elmo running away from her. They didn't give a second thought to her boobs.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:13 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It's not that bad.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:20 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• why would they put it on her in the first place?

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317

RIGHT!!!!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes it should be pulled..she has her dang clevage exposed!
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 1:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I didn't think so. I thought the skit was cute, and it wasn't like she was falling out or anything. Even my husband said that no four year old is going to notice her chest. Besides, the top of it was made like a skater's outfit, it had the fabric and everything.

Sure it could have covered her just a little bit more, but honestly I don't think its that bad. And I'm a prude, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't think its as bad as its being made out to be. I agree that she could have been a little more covered, but it does look like a skater's outfit, and the idea is that she's wearing dress up clothes. The youtube video I saw was really cute.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It's not that bad, she wanted to play "dress up" so it wasn't like when Norah Jones or Feist made their cameos and they were dressed in regular clothes. What bothers me more is Katy's schtick. But would my toddler care? Probably not.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 1:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Haha, phoofy, I thought the animation in her face was perfect for kids. I'm not sure if that's exactly what you were referring to, but I thought it was really cute and really well done, and I'm not even a fan of hers. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• The only thing that bothered me was that putrid pink lipstick! Can you are 1986?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2010