• In the Spotlight:

Boy or Girl Wives' Tales

What are some of the old Wives' Tales you have heard on how to determine whether you're having a boy or girl? Have any of them worked for you or did they prove to be completely opposite?

redmoonintexas

Asked by redmoonintexas at 5:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i know that they say if you carry low its a boy if you crave salt its a boy and if itss sweets you crave then its a girl lol other than that idk ... i had my grandma talking so much with my first lol but she was right i was low and craveing salty foods and i had a boy lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I heard that if you have a rose on your belly during sex youre going to have a girl... well i got a girl, but never used the rose :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I carried my girl low and didn't crave anything, and you couldn't tell I was pg from behind. I carried my boy high and craved yogurt, and looked pg from my chin to my knees from every angle!
    Anonymous

• you can't really tell by the way you carry, when i was prg. the first time everyone was sayin that by the way i carried i was havein a boy, they were right but now im havin a girl and carry the exact same way.
    I did the necklace trick with both right before my first ultrasounds and it was right for me i've also seen it work on a few friends.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• What's the necklace trick?
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The necklace thing was wrong for me and I carried high, didn't crave much and what I did crave was sweets and I had a boy.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If you glow its a boy, if you get ache its a girl.. it worked for me
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I was craving salty snacks big time! No sweets at all. My girlfriend told me I'd have a boy...which I did. Boys = Glow? I was glowing during my pregnancy. Friends said I looked better than ever! A coworker who was pregnant at the same time as me looked washed out pale and tired. She had a girl. I've heard that girls drain the mother's beauty while boys enhance the mother's beauty.
    Kajon

Answer by Kajon at 12:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2008