any other babies do this?!

my goodness this is frustrating but cute :). my son chews food.. like gerber puffs an that good stuff but when it comes to actual food like stage 3's with actual chunks he wont chew!! haha he stores it on the side of his cheek.. an just spits it out when hes done eating the pasty liquid stuff..

anyone else have kids that do this? incase someone is wondering hes 9 months old

akalei

Asked by akalei at 12:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh my gosh my baby nieces do that. It is like they are chipmunks or something.. Very funny, she is a little older and does it with chicken. lol..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• awww haha! its annoying but cute i never thought of him being a chipmunk! haha thats a good one :)
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Have you actually tasted that crap yourself? I don't blame him for spitting it out, I wouldn't want to eat it either.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• actually i have an it tasted pretty good. :)
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• *shrug* each to their own I guess. He may just not like that specific texture.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My baby spits things out she doesn't like immediately (when given whole pears for example she usually eats the flesh and spits out the skin -- quite impressive to watch actually. She eats plum skin though). She might decide to work on a piece of iceberg lettuce for a while in an effort to figure out how to chew it with no teeth before giving up, but she doesn't "store" food. We do table food though right from the get go, not jars so that likely has an effect on how she handles food. babyled solids
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Maybe that's his way of saying he'd not ready for stage three,just because certain age groups are on packages doesn't mean its right for them.I have a 9 month old daughter that will only eat what she wants too and nothing from the baby section not even the snacks.Try giving him a stage 2, and regular food like mac n cheese and see what happens.good luck
    Manandyce

Answer by Manandyce at 6:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My daughter did that a lot. He is probably just not used to the different textures and hardness/softness of the chunks you are giving him to chew. I worked and worked with my daughter and eventually she grew to like the food, it just took time and trust. Your baby needs to trust that he can chew and swallow the chunks you are putting in front of him. Just remember its new to both of you, and if you trust each other and work with each other it will work itself out in time. He will be chewing chunks of all sorts of food before you know it! Good luck!!
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2010