What would you do if your kid got an STD???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I went through something with my oldest daughter when she got pregant at 15. It was not her fault she was raped but I went through every emotion in the book. Sadness, Blaming myself, disappointment, All of that is normal but when our kids do something that we don't approve of we don't stop loving them. Yes we talk to them and talk to them but sometimes that it is not enough either.
    Just be there for them and let them know that you still love them. let them know that you are not happy with thier desion but its done now and you will be there to help them through the rest of it.
    redneckmom777

Answer by redneckmom777 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Over 18? Their problem... I would direct them to see a doctor and get some sex education... but that's about it...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Go to the dr. talk to the kid about the situation. Help the kid get the information they need to make sure it won't happen again. Hoping and praying that they learn the lesson.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I doubt I'd ever know about it unless they're asking me for help getting them medical care. Then its just a matter of getting it treated. They're going to make mistakes in life, and if they make this mistake, I can handle being there for them.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• not my business . unless they asked me a question,then I'd take them to the dr. or go with them
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Nothing..

It would be none of my business.

My son is a grown man.. If he were to contract an STD that's his business and his issue to deal with.. I would only give an opinion or advice if I were directly asked for it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Nothing. I would be sad for them and love them and help them figure it out, but what can you do but help them deal with it?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Treat it lol. The damage is done. Being supportive and providing information on preventing it from spreading or from getting another one is all I can do to help.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would be disappointed in them but ultimately it isn't about me. I would take them to the doctor and get treatment. I would hope it wouldn't be one of the ones that can't be treated. Then later on I guess we would have a family talk... I would probably eventually flip out...

That one is really hard to answer bc in the heat of the moment... you would probably lose your mind.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Be very disappointed that as a parent I clearly hadn't given them enough information about sex, and other exposure to bloodborne pathogens, that they were careless.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2010