So my fiance is in Virginia right now which is like 8 hours away from me and I guess that he got emotionally hurt tonight and took it out on me. He told me that it was over, called me a bit** and told me to f*** off. I feel confused and hurt. What could possibly make him say things like that to me?

Asked by mimioester at 12:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• How did you he get emotionally hurt? Sometime guys say the meanest things it is their way to retaliate.

Answer by Melbornj at 12:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't know how he got emotionally hurt because he wouldn't tell me. He hasn't tried to call me or anything since he said that.

Comment by mimioester (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think he just broke up with you. Give him a day or two.

Answer by lovinangels at 12:41 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• How? By being utterly stupid. Better questions: Is this something that's happened before? Is this something you can accept? Personally, I'd take his words at face value and return his ring.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• No this has never happened before and I really don't think I can handle what he said. I mean whose to say it won't happen again if I go back to him.

Comment by mimioester (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I know it hurts, but sometimes you just have to accept that it's over and move on. If it is meant to be then it will work out. Saying mean horrible things to you is no way to begin a marraige, it is usually a window overlooking things to come.

Answer by shareleann at 1:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Maybe he wants an excuse to cheat.. SORRY!

Answer by youngmm at 1:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yea youngmm you are probably right, but he still should've handled it differently.

Comment by mimioester (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Only you could figure this out. Was he drunk or on drugs? That is verbal abuse & if it bothers yo that much (and it should) then I would back off from him. You need a LOVING relationship!!

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• sounds like maybe he wants to be "single" so he caused a fight, broke up with you, and he'll try to suck up and get back together when it's convenient for him. i wouldn't want to waste my time on someone who reacts like that, anyway. if you're hurting emotionally, taking it out on your SO is NOT the way to deal with it.

Answer by nemiller at 4:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2010