What Would You Do?

Your husband gets fired from a good job, you learn that it's because he stole something from the company he worked for. To make matters worse, he's lied to you about how he got said item! He's incredibly remorseful, but all he can do now is deal with the consequences of his actions. How do you react? How would this affect your marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I think that I would be most hurt that he felt he needed to lie to me about the situation. Depending on the item, if he stole it to help his family thinking it was the only way, or was it justa materialistic thing. That can make a big difference but everybody screws up sometimes. People have moments of weakness. Chances are he is not going to want to talk about it, but knowing his reasoning could help you both. Stealing is never good but in times of desperation a person will do what they feel is needed to support their loved ones. I know that I love my husband very much and I would be there for him to help pick him up from that dark place, but if something happened and it turned from a minor offense into a habitual thing then other measures would have to be taken only because I don't want my kids thinking that its ok to take what is not theirs, not to mention the legal troubles.
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 12:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• wow, how sad. Was he desperate for the item? Now he can't collect unemploy & if he was at this job for a while then he can't put it on his references. I would be very hurt that he did this to your family! I guess you have to live & learn, right?
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I would not be able to trust him. That simple.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Tough one, I am not sure. What was stole, why did he steal it. Sometimes in the work force, things are not as they appear. Did someone have it out for him ? Is there any doubt that he was wrong?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• honesty!!! if he cant tell you the truth, than maybe he cant tell himself the truth
    sha-sha138

Answer by sha-sha138 at 3:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2010