Is Marriage What you Thought.....

it would be? Did you think it would be easier? harder?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 12:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I have to say that at 54 - my second marriage (first one I was widowed and then had a 15 year long term relationship) - it doesn't get any better than this. It is better than I imagined. But I think it is because we are both older and have had lots of life experiences. We both want this to work and take great care to be good to each other, listen well and give then other space and understanding when they need it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Nothing is ever what you think it will be. I cannot say easier or harder...just...DIFFERENT.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I think I went into marriage with a pretty realistic view, so overall, yes, what I thought =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It is harder than what I thought. There are a lot of areas of compromise that you don't realize would affect your spouse. Like when you go to the bathroom for number 2 and your husband just comes in and carries on a conversation like you are in the living room...that is one area I am still waiting after 10 years for him to realize I would like a little compromise and leave me alone. Sometimes it feels like I am doing all the rearranging in my life until I remember just how much he has changed too for our family! It is very different than I thought, not the rainbows and fireworks I thought it would be all the time. Still being wiht the one I love makes it all worth while!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 12:51 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I thought it would be easier!!
    VeggieMuslima

Answer by VeggieMuslima at 12:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I don't know, but I like it...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Marriage didn't change our relationship really, just made the committment we had already made a legal one. It's about exactly what I expected lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It is absolutely different but neither better or worse than I thought. Then again I have lived with him for 5 years and we just got married this year... it is still the same in most ways but still a little different
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 12:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Its exactly what I expected, being married to my best friend, lol. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• i thought it would be funner, and less same old routine. because of who i thought i was marrying, i forgot that people change. but it could be worse LOL. i never thought out of the two of us that i would end up the wild one LOL
    sha-sha138

Answer by sha-sha138 at 3:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010