Do you wish you had a REAL mom?

Mine was more or less non-existent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes but I really believe there is nothing put in our life that we cannot handle! My mom has serious mental illness, it is the hardest thing in my life to cope with. I dont always do a good job but I know that there is purpose in this suffering.
    heartstory6

Answer by heartstory6 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Some days, sure.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• same as lovin, my mom is MIA right now...somewhere in Chicago. Im on the west coast my sis who normally lives with mom, on the east coast..and mom took a one way flight to Chicago to visit her grand dd. been there for two months. GO mon!..lol really what else can I do at this point?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Yes, I do. My Mom is here but not really here. She lives in her own little world and does what makes her happy. She has never been much of a mom.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• yea sure. i think it meant more to me when i was younger than it does now. we have our issues, when she is around, we dont talk about what bothers us. its dead and burried in the past. i still love her, she is still my mom and i cant exspect her to change
    sha-sha138

Answer by sha-sha138 at 3:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Never had a mom or a dad really. Mom was mentally ill and stepdad was abusive. Both were mentally abusive. There have been many moments as an adult that I wish I knew what it felt like to have someone care about me like that. Like a parent should. But I've lived without that. They've been dead for a long time now.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have a real mom and she is wonderful
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Define "real"

Answer by admckenzie at 11:08 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I just wish she was still with us. She was awesome
    SueM48415

Answer by SueM48415 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sorry you didn't have a "real mom"

My mom was great growing up. Now days, she is a little...hmm, busy, stressed...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 25, 2010