RSV/Flu Season?

For those of you having babies in October-March....are you doing anything different to protect your baby from RSV and the flu?

I read a story about a lady who had a new baby and it got RSV and passed away. That story was actually here on Cafemom a few weeks ago. My Husband and I have been talking about what we are going to do to keep our little guy safe.

I know it sounds silly to many but I don't care.....people won't come visit if they have had a cough, fever, illness in the last 48 hours, if there is a bug going around school or work and everyone who comes in will use purell as soon as they walk in the door. If they smoke, they won't be holding him unless they refrain from smoking until after they do.

Those are just some of the things we are doing. I was just curious about others. Our OB has already told us about the dangers of a newborn contracting RSV. We want to keep him safe.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 12:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My daughter had RSV when she was 6 months old. It is scary but fortunately I think her age helped and I got her in right away! Definitely keep those hands washed and just stay at home for a while!
    armyofmany

Answer by armyofmany at 12:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The only time we are going to be taking our baby out is to her first doctor's appt. My husband and I are going to be strict when it comes to the hand washing and hand sanitizing rule.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2010