Would you rather work from home or out of the house?

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 12:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in

• I've done both. I'd really prefer to have split. I really like working at home, but there's something nice about the contact and interaction with coworkers.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:53 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• from home, that way i could still be here with my kids and make money too
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Ugh, and I really hate the commute!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• since I've done both, I think I like getting away from home because is better for me.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 12:48 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Work from home
    ProudMommie83

Answer by ProudMommie83 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• A lot of my business, I work from home, but there are some aspects of it that require me to be out and about in the community. I like that.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• DEFINITELY from home, b/c being home doesn't PREVENT me from being out, quite the opposite...or at least with this Business.
    I have complete time flexability and I am my own boss, which means I work the hours and days that I WANT, for how long I WANT.
    I can have company over take breaks, have playdates, gorcery shop, clean house, etc.
    I still make a Very FT income even though I only work like 20 hours a week!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have done both, but I finding working from home very rewarding for me. I am able to be accessible to my family 24/7 because when I worked as a nurse I worked crazy and hectic hours, worked every holiday and I missed so much while my girls were younger. While I do miss being a nurse and helping other and I miss my co-workers I wouldn't trade the past 3 1/2 years that I've worked at home for anything. I did need to find a balance between being a work at home mom and still having a social life because I was used to working out of the home since I was 15. I needed interaction with other people. I struggled with not getting out of the house for a few months, but when I found that balance things worked more smoothly.
    reach4thestars

Answer by reach4thestars at 9:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have done both too. There are many more benefits to working at home. Most moms who work outside don't consider all the costs associated with working outside the home. When you work at home you save more and have more tax benefits.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 4:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I've done both and prefer out of the house. That is what I do now and I love it as well as do my kids. They adore their school/daycare and I do also. :) The staff is like family and my co-workers are as well. :)

Now when I worked fast food or at places like Wal-Mart.... I MUCH preferred working from home. But I couldn't make any real money from home. I am glad I work where I do now and I enjoy the time away from the house.

I miss my babies, but I think the time away from each other is good for both of us. I'm not stressed from cleaning, cooking, etc all day on top of caring for kids. They get to learn and interact with other children. Plus they are getting a jump on social and educational skills for school while mommy makes money to support them. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:55 AM on Sep. 24, 2010