For those that have WIC in CA...

My local WIC office told me that the program has new changes that doesn't give formula until the baby is 1 month old..is this true? The last time I received WIC was about 5 yrs ago! A lot has changed!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I currently have WIC and it is true..they will not give you formula for the first month. I breastfeed my son so I had no issues with this but they can be rude to you chosing to formula feed so be preparred.
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 3:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I've heard of this, but wasn't aware they implemented it. If it's true, fantastic. WIC shouldn't be paying for something you can make for free. If you run into issues... sure, but a month, at the very least, is not too much effort to put forth for establishing yourself with a free milk supply. Why should anyone, especially in this economy, be paying for something most mothers make for free?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It's not on there site any where if they do.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 5:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2010