what do you do to get them to stay on the potty chair

k_womack

Asked by k_womack at 5:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I either sit on the toilet too, or I will sit on the floor next to my daughter and sing with her, try to keep her busy.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• we read, sing and talk. :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Until recently, there was nothing I could do. Reading, singing, talking - nothing worked. So I put potty training on hold. A couple of weeks ago, I tried again and my daughter sat there for the longest time! For her, it was just a maturity issue.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i just tell her if she sits there and trys i will give her a treat. she also likes to sit and just play with a toy or read a book
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 5:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• We got books that were strictly potty books. The only time he got to read these books was when he was sitting on the potty. When he got up, the book went away.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Books. My son loves to read his Nemo book while he is waiting for the pee to come (his words)
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2008