Potty training a boy- Sit or stand?

We're starting potty training tomorrow. Should we have him sit or stand to pee?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 1:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I will also point out that if you have them sit, they will usually poop in that position. They learn to poop on the potty better. My sister had her boys stand and they both had a horrible time learning to poop in the potty.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I have potty trained three boys. SIT! If they stand they get pee all over the toilet and the floor. When they are older 4-5 they learn to stand to pee on their own.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• standing
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• All 3 of mine sat to learn, Its hard to stand and pee in a potty chair...lol
    bailey_rc

Answer by bailey_rc at 7:29 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We started out with my son sitting. He is now starting to stand. He's almost 3 1/2 and is tall enough to stand on the floor. I still stand behind him and make sure he doesn't get distracted.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• When I potty trained my son I started him sitting down. He eventually said on his own that he wanted to stand up to go and it really wasn't a problem.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• My 3 boys started out sitting, but once trained they stood, it was not long between sit and stand for them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• when it's time for my ds to be potty trained i'm gonna try standing s i don't have to teach him twice
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• It depends... if it's a public potty I used to stand him on the toilet seat facing the back wall and tell him to point his penis down.. that way he wouldn't have to stand on his tippie toes and touch the porcelain with any part of his body other than the soles of his shoes. LOL

FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 1:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2010